Want a little more sparkle in your drawings? Oh come on, we all have that little kid inside of us wanting our pictures to really POP on the paper!
Glitter gel pens are the crown jewels in the world of penmanship. The shimmering ink can add a touch of something otherworldly to your words, pictures or designs. However, what are the best glitter gel pens on the market? Not sure which ones to go for or how glitter gel pens are essential in life? Read on for some ideas about which pens can put your work above the rest.
At a Glance: Our Choice of the 5 Best Glitter Gel Pens On the Market
Note: The links above take you to more information, current prices and customer reviews on Amazon. If you do purchase something we get a small commission, which has absolutely no effect on the eventual price that you pay.
What Can I Use Glitter Gel Pens For?
Want to know how you can use glitter pens before buying any? Here you go!
- Greeting cards: Buying a cheap card from the garage is old school. Make your own. Glitter pens show more thought and love has gone into the card.
- Illustrations: A professional artist or a big kid? Either way, your pictures can really show different effects by using various pens.
- Invites: Party, wedding, Bar Mitzvah? No matter the event, using glitter pens adds a little sparkle and excitement to everything.
Best Glitter Gel Pen
Sakura are a well-known brand when it comes to all forms of penmanship, and for a good reason too. Their ink quality is of a high standard, even when it comes to these beautiful Stardust pens. This ten-piece pack comes with a variety of colors. The glittery effect gives good coverage, however, it can rub off easily just after applying.
- Nice glittery effect
- Great price
- Can rub off if touched after applying
- Stardust may not be to everyone’s liking
2. Copic Spica
Here is another well-known brand in stationery. Copics are usually at the higher end of the price spectrum, here is no different. This pack has twelve pens in with all the usual favorite colors. The ink quality is great and will last for a long time. Copics are the choice of professionals or the serious hobbyists who enjoy crafting cards to a high standard.
- Well known brand
- High-quality ink
- Glitter applies nicely
- Can get more pens for the price
- Maybe not for the occasional crafter
This mega pack comes with 48 pens. That’s right, 48! It comes with 34 unique glitter color pens and 14 neon glitter pens. Everything you need to satisfy your glitter cravings. The ink is of good quality and the glitter comes across well in drawings and lettering.
- Sheer amount of choice is awesome
- Price. Cheaper than others on the list for triple the pens
- Great variety of colors
- Not as good quality as others on the list
- Perpahs too many pens for a beginner to cope with
We’ve had cheap, but now we really come to the budget glitter gel pen. This Superdoodle set has a whopping 80 pens included. With a large range of glittery colors available, you will be hard pressed to run out of things to color in. Yes, the ink quality isn’t the best.
This is the set to buy the kids who are moaning for glitter pens or the occasional crafter who just needs colors for starting out.
- Great budget price
- Lots of pens, just… loads
- Comes with a handy carry case; trust me, you will need it
- Not the best ink quality
- Not for the serious crafter
The Colorit set is useful purely for the number of refills, pens and the carry case you get for the price. It is more expensive than the others on this list, but the amount of kit you get makes it worth the price. Glitter, metallic and neon gel pens are included with lots of refills to keep you happy. A great range of colors, some being exclusive make this a worthy purchase.
- Good range of colors and types of pens
- Carry case included
- Refills are easy to buy
- Ink quality not as good as the Copics
Which Should I Buy?
They all have their merits and downfalls. If you are watching the pennies and need something cheap and cheerful, I would go with the Super Doodle; for the price and number of pens you get, you can’t beat it.
Are you a bit more middle of the road? Need something average priced for an average amount of glitter? Try the Caliart. The ink quality is relatively good and its range of colors should keep you fairly happy.
Serious crafters who like something a little special? If you’re happy to pay a bit extra, go with the Copic Spica. The brand is known in the stationery world for a reason, they make quality products and these pens are no exception.